126th Infantry, A.E.F. WWI Letter March 10, 1918

This letter was written by a soldier who was “Somewhere in France” in March 10, 1918. He was with the 126th Infantry, A.E.F. From the letter…….

While I have a little time, I will make the best of it by writing you a few lines. I am feeling fine and we are sure having some fine weather. This country is rather odd looking but it sure did look good beside that ocean. I as a little sea sick on our voyage. I had the mumps but am all right now. Say do not have any of my letters put in the paper or let anyone read them. I received your letter at our last camp but didn’t’ have time to answer. We have something doin a the Y.M.C.A. every night so we never get time to get home sick, although I sure would like to see all of you. Guess when I com home, I will have to bring home a pair of wooden shoes nearly all the people here wear them. Well will make this letter rather short so as to not bother the censor too much so please write often and tell me all the news. I close for now with love,


No comments: