Hispanic Soldier 72nd Infantry Brigade, 36th Infantry Division WWI Letter Sep. 1918

This letter was written by an Hispanic Soldier, who was in France, September 12, 1918. He was in the 72nd Infantry Brigade, 36th Infantry Division. From the letter…..

My dear Professor:

   I am rather anxious, because up t this date, I have not received a single answer to my many letters to you and to Katharine. Of course I fully realize the many intricacies through which home bound as well as out going mail have to pass. Yet when one is here in this business of chasing the Huns, a word or two from home is just like a balm from heaven.
   The last letter I received from Katharine was written from Eureka Springs, Arkansas before we reached this place.
   Have you not received my postals or letters from me? Has Katharine? Has Arthur? Do please write to me, and tell me all about yourself and Katharine, and Arthur, Carrie, and the children. You do not know how much better American soldiers will fight, when they know that their loved ones at home are with them in thoughts and in prayers.
   The censorship is necessarily strict, and there is noting that I can write about.
   I am very well, and enjoying a good appetite. Write to me please, and make Katharine write too. Be sure to see that she minds what you tell her.
   I trust that your stay in Eureka Springs was of great benefit to both of you. With lots of love,
  

No comments: