WWI, WW1 Letter, Camp McClellan, Alabama 1918







Written by a soldier at Camp McClellan, Anniston, Alabama, in May 1918. From the letter…….I have been in the hospital since I wrote you last. I had a touch of the grip and it was no fun at all believe me. We were out on a trip to Piedmont, Alabama about 30 miles from here, it was rainy and the ground was wet, we sleep on the ground. I was all right for two nights and on the third I carried the band in town in my wagon and was taken sick while in town, they brought me back to the field hospital where I staid for a few days. We had a big fire in camp last night but I haven’t heard yet exactly how much damage was done. It was over in the 116th Infantry, the Virginia troops. The fire looked from here like the whole camp was on fire......
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: