147th Field Artillery WWI Letter April 14, 1918


This letter was written by a U.S. Soldier in France, during WWI. He was with the 147th Field Artillery. From the letter…..

Dear Mother,

   There hasn’t been very much excitement since I wrote my letter yesterday. Sat we have mess at 5 P.M. Which gives me a little more time in the evening. I did intend going and take a bath. We have showers at at the hospital here, but remembered that I hadn’t yet been to get my clean cloth.
   Last night as usual I divided my evening between the druggist. The druggists they insisted on my drinking a big bowl of milk. I didn’t all night. I took special pains to tell you that my cold was better and that I  coughed much less. Then in a few letters afterward I said that I was fine again, for I knew you would be worried if I didn’t speak about it. So don’t worry for I don’t cough at all and am feeling fine. I hope you will get this and won’t worry anymore.
   I’m so glad you could all be together on Easter. But I wondered whether you would go to Muck Jobs’? funeral. If you did probably it would be just at that time. Don’t you think Aunt Mary will go to Portland to live? I shall try to write her today. Must stop.

Lots of love to all,

No comments: