Camp Dix New Jersey WWI Letters 1918

 This letter was written during WW1, by a soldier at Camp Dix, New Jersey, October 29, 1918. He was writing to his parents. From the letter….
Dear Ma and Pa,
   I am feeling fine hoping all are the same. I got a letter of Bert this afternoon and he is feeling good. I don’t know whether to write today for I sent a letter last night, but after I send the letter home I want to see Miller off and it makes cry to part with a fellow like he was for he was the best I ever met. Well Baker went to Virginia this morning and after I seen Miller a big fire broke out in the woods by the tents where I was and all the companies had their fellows lined up in the street with pails of water with them. I was there and when I went threw the streets they put a flash light on me but they did not say anything to me. Will close now hoping all are well for I didn’t get a letter since Saturday. Thanks Aunt Rine?? For the candy for I did not know who it was from till today.

From your son,
 
 
 
 This letter was written by a soldier at Camp Dix, New Jersey, during WWI. He was writing home to his parents. The letter was written October 15, 1918. From the letter……

Dear Ma and Pa,
   I am feeling fine hoping all are the same. I did not get no mail last night but hoping to get it to night. I didn’t hear of Bert in over a week. What is the matter, let me know if he is sick or something. I work by the farm house it was some job just clean up the leaves that fell from the trees. I got the box Sunday night I don’t know much to write but just to let you know that I am all right. I got 6 dollars so I think that will do for a while. They are shipping every day so when my turn comes I will let you know as soon as I can. I will close now.

From your son,

No comments: